There is a 500 hourly email limit per domain this limit is also applied towards mailman. If you send over this amount in any hour, most of the e-mails will bounce back with a undeliverable error.
Many of our servers have a 60 pop checks per hour limit per email address. If you go over this you're likely to get a wrong password error message saying login incorrect. Just wait an hour and it will automatically unlock you. To prevent this from happening again, make sure to disable auto checking, or at least set it to something higher such as 10 minutes.
Any mailing list larger than 5,000 will require a dedicated hosting solution from us. Please note that dividing one large list into smaller lists to get below this limit is not allowed.
Mailing Lists Rules:
1. Anytime you're sending a message, no matter how large your mailing list is you must throttle it. We recommend you throttle it to at the very least sending 1 email every 6 seconds. If the mailing list software you're using does not allow you to throttle, you must switch to something else. We recommend phpList, which can be found in your control panel under Fantastico. If you do not throttle and you try sending, for example, 500 emails, the server will try sending all 500 in 1 second, which is not possible. This will cause the server load to go very high and the entire server will be sluggish until this process is completed. It is our job to keep the server up and running without being sluggish. Anyone who causes the server's load to go high will be suspended and the process will be terminated. If you choose not to throttle, you will most likely be suspended for crashing the server.
2. Any mailing list over 900 emails is only allowed to be sent to during off-peak times to prevent high server loads. Off peak times qualify as all day Saturday and Sunday, and 1 AM - 8 AM Eastern Time on Monday - Friday.
3. You are not allowed to mail to a mailing list you were given or purchased. This is spamming because the subscribers never agreed to you personally sending them mail. We do not care and how you justify it, this is spam and will result in termination of the offending account.
4. Any unsolicited e-mail being sent will result in termination of the offending account. We have a zero tolerance policy regarding the sending of unsolicited e-mail.
- 1 Users Found This Useful
In most cases the root cause of not being able to send email entails the following:1. Incorrect...
The SMTP server is a configuration setting within all pop E-mail applications. When using a...
Either your domain is out of disk space, or your e-mail address itself is out. You will need to...
Most of our servers have a 60 checks per hour limit. If you hit this limit in any hour you'll be...
Email Trouble Shooting * Make sure your user name and password is all...